Sunday, July 15, 2012

15-Day Challenge: Day 15!

A world record for me...15 continuous days of blogging! Here's a suggestion for Sar for next year's challenge. As the last prompt, ask bloggers to come up with questions or topics for the next challenge. That way you have a wider audience to draw from, and a bank of ideas on hand to choose from. I'll give you a head start by including some here. And the prompt for today:

[15] What's the best compliment you've ever received?

I LOVE when people tell me I look like my mother...I think that's my all time favorite compliment. I also love to receive compliments regarding my children. You know, proud mama moments! And I absolutely love it when my husband tells me I'm a good mother, because that means more to me than anything.

Unfortunately, I've received a number of back-handed compliments in my time, and one has always stuck with me. When my first child was born, I took six months of maternity leave which I then extended to five wonderful years before going back to work when my youngest was two. On my first day back at work, a male co-worker commented "So you quit work to become a mom, and you came back to work to be a bad mom?" Ouch. Would have been hurtful if it had come from someone I respected, but since it didn't, it was simply annoying.

But the best compliment I've ever received was non-verbal. Shortly after we were married, my husband presented me with this business-sized membership card. It states he is a Lifetime Member, as well as President, of the Elizabeth Lake Fan Club. I imagine the roller coaster symbolizes the ups and downs of our relationship, and the dice means we are lucky (or that love is a crapshoot). I was tickled to receive the card, and have kept it in my jewelry box for the last 30 years.

Isn't this the cutest thing you have ever seen?

As promised, here are a couple of ideas for the next challenge:

  • What was your very first job, and how long did you hold it?
  • When/where/how old were you the first time you were kissed in a romantic fashion?
  • You're all alone on a Saturday night. What is your drink of choice, what are you snacking on, and what are you watching on the TV?
  • Who was your first celebrity crush?
  • You just won $10,000 in the lottery. What are you going to do with it?
  • If you could, what would you tell your 16-year old self?
  • What was the first song (record, CD, download) you ever purchased? How old were you?

Hope you had as much fun with the 15-Day Challenge as I did. Happy blogging!

 

4 comments:

  1. Wow - I must say that now I'm a member of the Wally Lake fan club. What a great gift he gave you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...not that I wasn't a fan of Wally's before I read this....

      Delete
  2. Oh, that is just the cutest card! I hope my husband gives me one of these one day :) *hint hint Matt* lol

    ReplyDelete