Sunday, July 1, 2012

15 Day Challenge: Day 1- 15 Fun Facts

Linking up with Sar for the 15 Day Challenge. Here goes!

[Day 1] List 15 fun facts about yourself

[1] I need coffee to function properly. Nothing fancy, though, I just need two cups a day of Starbucks Breakfast Blend from my drip coffeemaker. And the occasional latte!

[2] I love to read mystery and suspense novels. Current favorite authors include Elizabeth George, Lee Child and John Sanford.

[3] I'm not very tall. I used to be 5' 1 1/2" tall, but over time have shrunk to less than 5' 1''. Here's hoping that trend does NOT continue! I've always wanted to be a statuesque 5' 4".

[4] I love words! I love the origin of words, word usage, play on words, quotes, and puns. I am definitely not a good writer, but I enjoy good writing when I find it.

[5] I am a chocoholic. Dark chocolate is my favorite, but I really don't discriminate.

[6] Don't tell them, but my kids are the center of my universe. However, I don't think it's healthy for children to think that, so hopefully my kids are not aware of how important they are in my world. Then again, they are both adults now so I could probably let them in on my secret!

[7] I love music, and can be found singing along to songs in my car. I've always regretted not joining the choir in high school.

[8] I used to be a championship tennis player! Well, county champion, anyway. I won a couple of titles in my age division over the course of a few years before I turned 14 (and everyone got taller than me).

[9] I'm a cat person, not a dog person. Our family had one cat for 15 years, and when she left us we swore we would never have another. No surprise, we now have two cats and can't imagine life without them. What were we thinking?

[10] I enjoy camping. Well, maybe not the wet-tent-in-the-rain kind of camping! I do love traveling in our little motor home, visiting new places, and sitting around the campfire enjoying a nice glass of wine. But I do like sleeping in a warm, dry bed at night.

[11] I read two newspapers every day, front to back. I read our local paper, despite the poor editing and occasional lack of "real" news. I also read the Seattle Times for a more thorough look at what's happening in the world.

[12] I am obsessed with my iPhone. When I worked for the government (32 years!), we were not allowed to bring a camera to work, even on a phone. Consequently, I suffered for many years with a very basic cell phone, i.e., no internet, no camera, no apps. I bought my iPhone almost immediately after I retired and can't imagine life without it! Current favorite app is On The Fly, a travel app for finding cheap flights. Check it out!

[13] I love to make chocolate chip cookies, but more for the dough than for the cookies!

[14] I need to be surrounded by greenery. I have 20 or so house plants, but definitely nothing exotic or hard to care for. I'm not that big on gardening, but I like potted plants outside, too. I have quite a few perennials in pots, and plant some annuals each year. I scatter the pots across my deck and around my patio.

[15] I have always lived within fifteen miles of the place I was born. That's a little depressing, isn't it? Maybe it's time to change that.

Looking forward to reading your fun facts, too. Feel free to link up with Sar and participate!

 

11 comments:

  1. -Ditto on the cookie dough. So good.
    -There is no way you're 5'1, 'cuz I'm 5'2...
    -I love that you're an equal opportunity chocolate consumer

    Have I mentioned I love you lately? 'Cuz I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not move! I love that you're only a ferry ride away. Also it means I have a reason to visit and stay connected to my old home town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 5'0 so I understand the shortness. I'm hoping I never shrink, I can't afford to! haha

    I love that you read two newspapers a day! That is a habit I wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine living in the same area for your whole life...yeah, the traveling people do nowadays can be fun, but more and more, no one in my generation and after will know the stability of being able to spend your life in one spot. Constantly moving and starting all over isn't always terribly fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That app for cheap flights sounds amazing! I will definitely have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mm... chocolate is absolutely delicious. and i am OBSESSED with my iPhone & iPad, and everything apple for that matter. i've gotten my whole family into iPhone, iPad & macbook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm absolutely a cat person.

    And I hope to always live very close to where I grew up- I love it here! We moved a few hours away for several years and realized that we wanted to be close-close again. There's no place like home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liz -- love to find out the 15 facts about you... love retirement and love reading yours and Sarah's blog... keep it up. I may just have to join!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww... I love your number six... about your kids. :) Mine are still little (4 and 5) so I can't yet let them know that they are the center of my universe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your style of camping is right up my alley. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't your favorite app now Badugi by Jet City apps? Just checkin ;)

    ReplyDelete