What's the best compliment you've ever received?
I LOVE when people tell me I look like my mother...I think that's my all time favorite compliment. I also love to receive compliments regarding my children. You know, proud mama moments! And I absolutely love it when my husband tells me I'm a good mother, because that means more to me than anything.
Unfortunately, I've received a number of back-handed compliments in my time, and one has always stuck with me. When my first child was born, I took six months of maternity leave which I then extended to five wonderful years before going back to work when my youngest was two. On my first day back at work, a male co-worker commented "So you quit work to become a mom, and you came back to work to be a bad mom?" Ouch. Would have been hurtful if it had come from someone I respected, but since it didn't, it was simply annoying.
But the best compliment I've ever received was non-verbal. Shortly after we were married, my husband presented me with this business-sized membership card. It states he is a Lifetime Member, as well as President, of the Elizabeth Lake Fan Club. I imagine the roller coaster symbolizes the ups and downs of our relationship, and the dice means we are lucky (or that love is a crapshoot). I was tickled to receive the card, and have kept it in my jewelry box for the last 30 years.
Isn't this the cutest thing you have ever seen?
- What was your very first job, and how long did you hold it?
- When/where/how old were you the first time you were kissed in a romantic fashion?
- You're all alone on a Saturday night. What is your drink of choice, what are you snacking on, and what are you watching on the TV?
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
- You just won $10,000 in the lottery. What are you going to do with it?
- If you could, what would you tell your 16-year old self?
- What was the first song (record, CD, download) you ever purchased? How old were you?
Hope you had as much fun with the 15-Day Challenge as I did. Happy blogging!