Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday Thoughts v.4

Linking up with Sarah for another edition of Thursday Thoughts.

{One}

Our little corner of the world does not feel so safe anymore. All the following occurred within a 17 mile radius of our home recently: a Washington State Patrol trooper was shot and killed last night during a traffic stop; a third-grader was shot at school yesterday by a classmate; three recent attacks are now considered "connected" with the possibility a serial killer is on the loose; a man was murdered in his apartment by a friend of 20 years; and, a man who fired in a gun in a tire store was shot and killed by law enforcement officers. What in the world is going on? Take a moment and give the people you love a big hug!

{Two}

My big sister celebrates her birthday today! I won't say how old she is, but suffice it to say she is MUCH older than I. I'm so glad that we enjoy a great relationship, but it absolutely tickles me pink that she and my daughter have a special relationship as well. Except, of course, when they use their superior intellects to gang up on me!

{Three}

I love this unseasonably warm weather, and can't wait to get back outside working in my flower beds. Unfortunately, the sun pouring in the house really highlights the dirt and streaks on my windows. I attempted to clean the windows after our recent kitchen remodel, but obviously just moved the dirt around. I'm in no rush to clean them however, which is in accordance with Liz's rule of housekeeping #1 - Windows are for looking through, not at.

{Four}

Husband does not realize it, but he has set a dangerous precedent by doing all the cooking and cleaning this past week. Who knew he was so capable? I think he needs to keep practicing to keep those skills sharp!

How is your week going?

3 comments:

  1. Older sister says: Well, I'm not really that much older -- but I do remember when you were born. "Someone I can boss around for life!", I happily crowed. And I've been doing it ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel amnesia coming on as soon as you are up and about. I'm sure I'll forget everything I ever knew about cooking and cleaning.
    WALLY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your sister!! :)

    I don't like the warm weather. Ugh. You can keep it all to yourself ;)

    Happy weekend! ox

    ReplyDelete