Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday Thoughts v.8.30.12

Linking up with Sarah for another round of Thursday Thoughts. Here's what's on my mind this week:

{1}

Most exciting news ever...made reservations for a trip to Waco to see my daughter! She's starting her fifth year of grad school, and I think I've visited six times: I flew down to meet Sarah and her dad after they drove the U-Haul to Texas; husband and I drove there twice; we all spent one Thanksgiving at her home; my sister and I visited during spring break; and I flew down to play nursemaid after Sarah's tonsillectomy. This will be the first trip I get to have her all to myself while she's healthy. Husband has traveled to Waco much more often. They vacationed in San Antonio, traveled to Houston, and went to Disney World. Me? I get the day surgery clinic and a sick girl. If you can't tell, I'm really looking forward to some alone time with my baby, even if I do have to share her with her students!

{2}

Is anyone besides me sick of political ads and political rhetoric? Blame the other party for everything, because my party will fix everything that is wrong. Doesn't matter which party you favor, because they each slam the other. Too bad neither party can come up with realistic solutions to our very real problems. Just think, we only have 2 1/2 more months of this ridiculousness....before the cycle starts all over again.

{3}

Absolutely love our weather! It's my favorite time of the year here in the beautiful Pacific NW. Cool mornings with sunny afternoons, with temperatures in the low to mid-70's. Great for working outdoors, taking a morning walk or just enjoying the view. If my husband weren't sick, we'd be taking the convertible out for a nice drive, too.

{4}

My BFF drives a school bus, and since school starts next week she and I are going back-to-school shopping tomorrow. Not sure how much buying I'll do (I mean, how many retirement clothes do you really need?), but it should be a fun day. Many of the school districts in our area have already started, so hopefully the mall will not be as hectic as it was a week ago. Nothing like a girls' day out to start the weekend!

And what are you up to this week?

 

1 comment: