Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thursday Thoughts v.8.23.12


Linking up with Sarah for some Thursday Thoughts

[1]

Bought our kids (two cats) a new toy! They are not sure yet if they like it, but I'm betting they will eventually love it. Currently have it hidden in a corner of the living room behind a good sized plant, in view of the hummingbird feeders. We have two people and only two cats, so I don't believe we can be categorized as crazy cat people (yet).

Miss Dash checking out the view

[2]

Dropped off some clothes at the Goodwill this morning, so took my grandson inside to check out the books. He found a few, and so did I. Where else can you buy six books for under $10? Might be time to clean out my bookshelves, too.

[3]

Had a wonderful, fun time at the Mariner game the other day. It was a celebration of Felix Hernandez's perfect game, with more people in attendance than I have seen all year. 39,000 fans with 35,000 of them wearing the celebratory King Felix shirt. Woot woot!

Brother-in-law Ed, sister Heide (known for leaving snarky blog comments) and me

[4]

Seeing all the school supplies in the stores makes me nostalgic for back-to-school shopping with my kids. I absolutely love the smell of new school supplies, and I'm sure I enjoyed the shopping just as much as they did. Nothing like starting the school year with a fresh supply of spiral notebooks, perfect pencils, special pens, and immaculate crayons.

[5]

I won't go into intimate detail, but I bought two new supportive undergarments and couldn't be more pleased. I really love the Wacoal brand. I'll admit, they are a little spendy, but worth every penny because they fit (and support) so well. Even better, one of the items was 50% off since the color had been discontinued (what, no more black?!?) and I also had a coupon for $10 off. All in all, a very successful shopping trip.

And how is your week going?

 

2 comments:

  1. Love the photo of you three! Dad's probably bummed he couldn't be there (especially with that tshirt)!

    Fly here and come back-to-school shopping with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the smell of newly sharpened pencils takes me back -- not only to my kids' school days, but also to my own. I LOVED going back that first week, when everything was new and exciting.
    [signed]
    Snarkless in Seattle

    ReplyDelete