Monday, September 17, 2012

This weekend, I...

Kudos to Sar's blogging friend Syndal for coming up with this creative way to summarize her weekend experiences. Let do this again!

This weekend, I made lemon tartlets for the first time from a recipe a girlfriend had given me years ago. Just realized that I didn't take a picture, but, trust me, they were delicious! Like any new recipe, there are a few things I would do differently next time, i.e., roll the dough a little thinner and cut the dough into smaller rounds. But I will definitely make these again...soon!

This weekend, I went to see Chicago in concert at a winery in the Seattle area. Chicago put on a fantastic show, and the weather was perfect, albeit cool. We shared a hotel room with our good friends at a hotel that provides a free shuttle to and from the event. It's a great way to enjoy a wine-filled evening without having to worry about getting behind the wheel. The venue even allows you to bring in any and all food and drink EXCEPT wine, which is available for purchase by the bottle. We brought a good variety of snacks to accompany our wine, including the aforementioned lemon tartlets! (I won't say who had too much to drink, because he reads my blog and I'd hate to point fingers...hi, sweetie!)

Festival seating at Chateau Ste. Michelle

This weekend, I discovered an interesting phenomenon in my guest room. I remade the bed after we hosted guests last weekend, but I hadn't put a comforter back on the bed yet when we left for our overnight trip to the concert. When we returned, one or both of our cats had explored the bed. You've heard of crop circles...these are kitty circles!

Kitty Circles

This weekend, I watched the telecast as the Seattle Seahawks crushed the Dallas Cowboys 27-7. Maybe things are finally turning around for my beloved Seahawks!

Go 'Hawks!

 

2 comments:

  1. I laughed at the kitty circles! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great weekend and so did your cats!

    ReplyDelete